Friday, June 22, 2012

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place ShadowCreme

I picked these up last year at my local CCO and have been using them on and off throughout the year.  Instead of paying the regular price ($18.50), I picked these up for only $13.00.  However, I would consider paying full price for these if a particular color came out that I knew I could see myself wearing often.  



These ShadowCremes come in a glass jar and contains 0.17 oz/5g of product.  The packaging most resembles YSL's creme eyeliner jar, except larger.  The only issue that I have with the packaging, as I do with all jars, is that you have to make sure you close them tightly to prevent drying out the product.  The three I currently own are: 

02 Silver Leaf 
04 Antique Gold 
12 Silver Star 


These ShadowCremes can be applied both for a sheer wash of color or it can be built up to be worn as an opaque color.  With the Silver Leaf, I like applying it sheerly on the lid and topping it with MAC's classic Satin Taupe.  The contrast of the eyeshadow with and without the ShadowCreme adds a bit of dimension to the eye look, but keeping it simple when I'm in a rush to make it out the door! Antique Gold is beautiful in its own way and this is one that I like to wear as an opaque color, also when I'm pressed for time.  Lastly, Silver Star is one that I use as a base for when I need my eyeshadows to stand out a bit more than usual.  It's not one that I reach for often, to be honest, but I am still glad to have it.  Another thing to note: these ShadowCremes will not budge once they are applied.  I have gone a full 9-5 day with it on without a primer and saw minimal fading.  Overall, I think that these are simple can-do-no-wrong shadows that can achieve a polished look in a small amount of time.  

Hope you're all having a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to read this! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment