Saturday, July 7, 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Twilight Night


Bobbi Brown’s Desert Twilight Collection for Fall 2012 has recently released in stores across the US.  While the promo pictures caught my eye, I realized that I didn’t love anything enough to justify the purchase… except for one! A little background information on me: My very first piece of makeup (high-end or drugstore) was a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner.  One of my high school friends gifted me with a Black Ink gel eyeliner and I have been a loyal fan of it and gel/crème eyeliners ever since.  Fast forward to the present – I walked away with the Twilight Night gel eyeliner ($22.00 for 0.1 oz/3 g) because not only is it limited edition, but I just couldn’t resist the beautiful color.


Twilight Night is a dark shimmering greyish purple with sparkles.  Compared to the other eyeliners that I own, Twilight Night appears to be the most sparkly.  My fear was that the sparkles would irritate my eyes (since I wear contacts) or produce some type of fallout, but I am glad to report that I experienced neither of these problems. 

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Twilight Night

From L to R: BB Ivy Shimmer Ink, BB Twilight Night, BB Chocolate Shimmer Ink

I have only experimented with this product for three days, but I am already considering buying another one as a backup! The formula is consistent with the other colors from her permanent line.  The color glides on the eyelid without any tug or pull, and it is pigmented enough that I do not have to build up to the intensity that I need.  The only negative thing that I can say about the formula in general is that if you are not careful about closing the lid, the product becomes dry and flaky very quickly.  Otherwise, the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner continues to be my holy grail eyeliner formula.  Check these out the next time you walk past a Bobbi Brown counter! You won’t regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment