Friday, July 20, 2012

Review: July 2012 Birchbox

Hello everyone! 


I can't help but rave that I am in LOVE with July's Birchbox! I was impressed with last month's offerings and continue to be impressed by Birchbox.  This month, Birchbox collaborated with Glamour magazine to bring us a box inspired by Glamour's Five Senses of Summer issue.  Each item included in the box can be attributed to one of the five senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch.  



In this month's box, I received... 



Beauty Blender
Sample of Harvey Prince's Hello Fragrance
Sample of Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint 
Stila Lip Glaze in Camera
Tea Forte Minteas
Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds

If you've read my previous post on the Beauty Blender, you know how in love I am with them.  So imagine my delight when I received one in my Birchbox! The $10 I spent on the box this month has already been justified with just this one product.  

While I don't mind fragrance samples, it's always a difficult product because everyone has their own preference.  I don't mind Harvey Prince's Hello, however, it is not what I consider a summer scent.  It is very floral and I can see it giving me a headache if I apply too much.  

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint / Stila Lip Glaze in Camera

The mini sample of Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint was interesting.  I've been meaning to try out Jouer's products since hearing about them on missglamorazzi's YouTube videos, but haven't had much access to them.  Now that they're being sold at Nordstrom's, I may think about test driving out some of their products, especially after trying out this Moisture Tint.  The coverage it provides is very light -- very much like a tinted moisturizer.  It evens out my skintone, but does not cover my blemishes.  It feels very lightweight and refreshing to wear, especially in this sweltering summer heat.  

I've had a couple of Stila Lip Glazes before and I can say that I am still not a big fan.  The tacky texture and sticky residue it leaves is irritating to me.  I like glosses that have no taste and a non-sticky residue, much like Le Metier de Beaute's Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses.  

The lifestyle extras were definitely fun! I can't say if the Teamints provided me with a boost of energy, but they are certainly delicious.  The bright colored earbuds are useful because I'm constantly misplacing my own earphones, so these will be a nice backup! 

I highly, highly, highly recommend you get a Birchbox... and soon! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I know this is late but what size was your Jouer sample?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. extremely small! it was about the size of my pinky!

      Delete