Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Review: Giorgio Armani 'Eyes to Kill Acqua' Waterproof Eyeliner

Hello! 

In Spring 2011, Giorgio Armani released three limited edition Long Wear Waterproof Eye Pencils and they sold out in a blink of an eye! I was glad that I was able to snap two of them up before they were gone at my local Nordstrom's. I was even more excited when they came out with two new colors for Spring 2012 in Antique and Copper.  These waterproof eye pencils quickly became my holy grail pencil eyeliners because they were the only ones that were able to stay on my waterline for 4+ hours without any significant fading.  When there was fading, it simply disappeared and did not smudge underneath my eye.  


Now imagine my surprise and delight when I found out they came out with a new "Eyes to Kill Acqua" Waterproof Eye Pencil during a mini Summer 2012 release! My saleslady at the Armani counter told me that these are limited edition.  I picked up one in black and immediately gave it a test drive.  

Left: Spring 2011 Long Wear Waterproof Eye Pencil
Right: "Eyes to Kill Acqua" Waterproof Eye Pencil
(Apologies for the different swatch sizes!)

While the black color is very similar between the Spring 2011 Long Wear Waterproof Eye Pencil and the ETK Waterproof Eye Pencil, I found that they do not wear the same on my eye.  The ETK Waterproof Eye Pencil is remarkable on the upper lash line, with very minimal fading, even after 6 hours.  However, the same could not be said for my lower lash line and waterline.  I found that after about 3 hours, I had raccoon eyes.  There was significant smudging under my eye.  

I have only been testing this for three days now, but found that if I place primer under my eye and set with an eyeshadow, it lasts much better on my lower lash line.  I could be wrong and this could be same formula as the Spring 2011 Waterproof Eye Pencil, but I personally don't think that the wear is quite the same.  However, these are still very good eye pencils to be worn on the upper lash line and I will still continue to use them for that -- especially when I'm feeling in a rush or just lazy.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment