Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Review: YSL Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils in Deep Black

Hello! 


As previously mentioned, I am a BIG fan of gel eyeliners and here today is Yves Saint Laurent's Long Wear Cream Eyeliner in Deep Black ($25.00)! My holy grail gel eyeliner is Bobbi Brown; however, this definitely gives it a run for its money! 



Deep Black (01) is the deepest black I've seen, perhaps even just slightly darker than Bobbi Brown's Black Ink.  The formula is much different than Bobbi Brown's.  It is more difficult to work with and does not glide as easily on my upper lash line.  It's not necessarily dry, but it is definitely much thicker/dense than the Bobbi Brown.  



BUT... the thing that makes me love this eyeliner is that it really is very long wearing and the best part is that it stays on my waterline! I like to gently place it on my waterline using my Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush and it will stay for a good 6 hours before I see some smudging below the eye.  Be careful, though, because it can feel a little dry when first applied. 


I have now found the perfect gel eyeliner combination for my eyes: Bobbi Brown on top and YSL on my waterline.  I suggest you give it a try and tell me what you think! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment