Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Le Metier De Beaute True Eyeshadow Color in Bordeaux

I must admit that my favorite high-end brand of all time is Le Metier de Beaute.  I was initally introduced to this brand by CafeMakeup and The Beauty Look Book after reading their amazing review on their famous Kaleidoscopes.  I couldn't help myself and decided to jump head first into the brand, trusting these reviews, and boy... am I sure glad I did! Words cannot express how much I love this brand and the products that they produce!



I decided to pick up some of their single eyeshadows because I was impressed with the quality in the Kaleidoscopes.  The first eyeshadow that I bought was Bordeaux.  When I had swatched all the eyeshadow colors in the store, I initially wanted Corinthian and Jojo, but they were not in stock at the time.  So, I went to my third choice and I haven't regretted the decision since.  



In terms of the formula, the eyeshadow is buttery smooth -- perhaps not as smooth as a Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow, but soft nonetheless.  It blends well with other eyeshadows and deposits a punch of color with each touch.  Sometimes I find that when the eyeshadow formula is too smooth, it can appear chalky or even unpleasantly powdery.  This is definitely not the case with this eyeshadow.


Bordeaux is a shimmery burnt reddish brown color.  
Although I don't have any swatch comparison pictures for you today, its color reminds me most of Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre Long-Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Ebloui except with less sparkles.  

I love using this as a contour color in the crease or even a wash of color over the eyelids.  It is very versatile.  Perhaps the only con I can think of is the price point ($30.00), but I believe if you find a color that you know you will wear on a daily basis, then it is well worth the investment. 


Expect more Le Metier de Beaute reviews to come! What are your thoughts on the brand or the eyeshadow? Leave your thoughts in the comment section! Have a nice day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment