Sunday, July 1, 2012

Skincare: Lush Dreamwash Shower Smoothie and Ro's Argan Body Conditioner

Hello everyone! 

I'm here today with a review on two Lush products that I've been using for the past two months: Dreamwash and Ro's Argan.  


Dreamwash ($21.95) is a Shower Smoothie that was recommended to me at the store.  It appears light purple in the pot and smells very much like lavender.  It is supposed to be soothing and calm easily irritated skin.  According to the ingredients, it includes aloe vera, lavender, rose, tea tree, calamine and chamomile.  My skin isn't easily irritated, but I had had some sunburns on my arms and shoulder at the time and decided that it was worth a try.  While it felt nice on my skin and didn't hurt any of my sunburns, I can't say that I would repurchase this again, especially for the price.  While calming, I think that there are other options for a body wash that are available at a more affordable price.  

The other item I picked up was Ro's Argan Body Conditioner ($29.95), a light pink lotion with a lovely rose smell.  I believe that this is one of the more recent additions to their lineup.  It is a body lotion that is supposed to moisturize your entire body while in the shower.  The lady at the store told me that I had to put it on while I was in the shower and leave it on for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off.  My skin would be instantly moisturized and there would be no need for me to put on any lotion afterwards.  I am a rather lazy person and I don't like having to sit and rub lotion on all parts of my body after a shower, so of course I knew I had to give this a try! And... I must say that I am in LOVE with this product! It cuts down on the time and really does leave me feeling so moisturized that I don't feel the need to put on any lotion afterwards! The only possible negative thing I have to say about this product is that it can feel a little greasy on the skin afterwards.  It can feel like it's rubbing off on my clothes during the day, even though I haven't seen anything to suggest this.  This is why I like to use it at night before I go to sleep at night.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment